Image from page 254 of “Modern cabinet work, furniture & fitments; an account of the theory & practice in the production of all kinds of cabinet work & furniture with chapters on the growth and progress of design and construction; illustrated by over 1000
Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.
Text Appearing Before Image: rmission of the Editor oj the Cabinet Maker.) CARCASE WORK 183 tenoned into the legs. The centre legs are made separately, and turned pinsabout f in. diameter fit into the apron piece. Details of the leg for this cabinetare shown on p. 116 in connection with a writing table of the same period. Theenlarged detail of turning, f. 2, on p. 180, is of the William and Mary type,executed in oak. When either kind of leg is used, the underframing is madeseparately, and the feet have turned pins fitting through the frame into the legabove. Fig. 3 is a sectional view of the cornice moulding with cross-grainedfacings, a special feature of Queen Anne work. The end panel mouldings and thesurbase in this job are also cross-grained. Fig. 4 is a plan of the underframing. The illustration on this page shows a simple arrangement for a bureau flap,by which the supporting slider is withdrawn or pushed home as the flap is openedor closed. It can be applied to any bureau flap which is supported by the usual
Text Appearing After Image: Simple Arrangement for a Bureau Flap. slider, as seen in the designs on pp. 126 and 146. The movement is made ofthin plate brass I in. in width. Both ends are riveted to a short piece of the samematerial, and in such a way that the centres work true and easy. These piecesare again fixed into a flat plate which is prepared for screwing into the sliderand flap as shown. To obtain the length of the bar, pull out the slider to therequired distance, in this case about one-third of its whole length, take half thatdistance from the bottom edge of the flap to the centre of the bar, and then fromthat point to the back end of the slider is the length of the brass bar, allowingfor the plate. When this movement is used the solid shelf is not carried rightthrough, or it is cut short at both ends to make a passage for the flange to work.The pigeon-hole case is made short and the filling-in piece cut to allow for thebar. For other movements see chapter on Brasswork. CHAPTER VIII.BEDSTEADS AND MISCEL
Note About Images Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.
A few nice china plastic tooling design images I found:
The Portable Atelier, Nyc.
Image by atelier-ying
This is my camera bag that follows me everywhere, even inside my own home. I also toss it into the baby stroller.
Let’s take a tour starting clockwise from the upper left, shall we?
1. Turano iPad bag with 4 compartments and some dividers. I wish they made this in red or army green or clear smoky plastic.
2. metal drafting triangle, I did forget to include my elliptical and circle templates which I use.
I have a miniature engineer’s scale but there’s no real reason to use it for what I’m doing, my cameras designs stand without toppling over and there’s no standardized dimension of camera building materials to concern myself over. Actually, glue, tape, and architectural modeling supplies are my materials for the most part.
3. the Ricoh GRD3 is tuned for taking only baby photos. I treat it like a film camera; I don’t use the LCD at all, it’s got two settings for color or b&w, and I toss the used chips into a small plastic box. I will have to spend a week on the computer downloading and editing, maybe when my kids turn two years of age.
4. old-fashioned fan. I really use this. it feels so good in the hand, very practical. And good for fanning a restless baby in the stroller. I’d like to get a sandalwood one from HK.
5. Moleskine notebooks. The largest one fits in the Turano, amazingly. I have many sizes of these black notebooks. Actually, I have a red suitcase from my childhood full of nothing but notebooks.
6. Name seals and red ink paste.
7. Office date stamp
8. Muji measuring tape, in millimeters, you never know when you need to measure camera dimensions and distances.
9. Yellow tape, pencil sharpener (sandpaper works best, I find)
10. Coromega (the best Omega supplement and this brand causes no heartburn)
11. my quasi-conductor’s watch made from a complimentary Michael Kors sample attached to a 70’s key strap.
12. iphone and cover and 5mm kaweco lead holder, both in white and brass, my favorite color combo. I want a white and brass kit. Drawing with the Kaweco is a real pleasure. I upload all my drawings with the iphone, from anywhere.
13. Swiss Villiger Cigar box filled with clay scratchboard papers for drawings. I’d like to store an old-world gambling dice game, or a golf game in here too. Like the old Howzat game. I’m working on it.
14. Davidoff Primeros, the best small cigars I have ever had. There is a relic of St. Therese de Lisieux on top of the box. It’s a piece of her habit. It blesses all my efforts.
15. Micron Pen set (.005, .01, .08 sizes)
16. Muji ink refill in gel blue, wonderful scriber’s tool.
17. Namiki Fountain Pen with red ink cartridges. I wish they’d make a vermillion red ink. I can do all my drawings in red, I love the impact and color.
18. Delta La Dolce Vita Fountain pen with Fine nib. The opposite of the ink refill pen in size and feel.
19. HB lead holder
20. Promecha Super Pencil. A work of art in itself.
21. Macanudo Portofino tube with sandpaper for sharpening leads
22. Derwent Electric Eraser, one of my favorite tools, I cannot live without this when I am drawing.
23. Baby’s Rattle. This is one of the best baby pacifiers I know of. Always handy to quiet the little ones.
About the mold, I think distinctive plant has diverse feeling. Nowadays I’d like discuss one thing about the mold in our processing plant. We want we can offer you Japanese quality with Chinese expense and our manufacturing unit started in 1990 and the mold configuration engineers for us has a lot more than ten years knowledge.
First and foremost I consider on the off likelihood that you need to coordinate with the mold industrial facility, the nature of the mold and other information amid this arrangement is critical. About the mold high quality, I believe you can visit our plastic mould factory and have a decent see about our production line.
Terms of the transaction: To begin with, you offer us the 2d or 3d drew, and then we will give for you the very best price. It’s like the mold size, weight, material and so on. Moreover we will supply for you conveyance time. On the off likelihood that you agree the point of interest data of the mold and submit a request to our processing plant, we will start the mold plan. Soon after 40 dispose be paid, we will give for you the mold program. On the off opportunity that you agree the mold outline then we will begin make the mold. If you never agree we will alter it till you concur. Amid generating the mold, we have a database for you to know the mold procedure or we can send to you on the off opportunity that you ask.
In the wake of completing the mold, we will commence testing the mold. About this, I want you can come and see it by your self, or watch the function, or choose that you have to modify the mold as per the example which is produced in testing time.
Upon your satisfaction, we will be sent molds inside 7 working days. Upon receipt of the balance we will dispatched the mold.
In the course of the warranty period, all the maintenances are free.
This report is written by Jacob Williams on behalf of HQMOULD, which is a single of the leading plastic mould factory and also specialized in manufacturing all types of mould like: Plastic Pipe Fitting Mould, Commodity Mould, Auto Components Mould, Property Appliance Mould and Plastic Pallet Mould.
About the mold, I feel distinctive plant has diverse feeling. Today I’d like discuss anything about the mold in our processing plant. We want we can provide you Japanese high quality with Chinese cost and our manufacturing unit began in 1990 and the mold configuration engineers for us has more than 10 years experience.
Initial and foremost I believe on the off opportunity that you want to coordinate with the mold industrial facility, the nature of the mold and other information amid this arrangement is essential. About the mold top quality, I feel you can check out our plastic mould factory and have a decent see about our production line.
Terms of the transaction: To start with, you offer us the 2d or 3d drew, and then we will supply for you the ideal cost. It’s such as the mold size, weight, material and so forth. Additionally we will supply for you conveyance time. On the off likelihood that you agree the point of interest info of the mold and submit a request to our processing plant, we will commence the mold program. Following 40 dispose be paid, we will give for you the mold strategy. On the off likelihood that you agree the mold outline then we will begin make the mold. If you don’t agree we will alter it till you concur. Amid producing the mold, we have a database for you to know the mold process or we can send to you on the off possibility that you ask.
In the wake of finishing the mold, we will start off testing the mold. About this, I wish you can come and see it by yourself, or watch the feature, or pick that you have to adjust the mold as per the instance which is designed in testing time.
Upon your satisfaction, we will be sent molds within 7 working days. Upon receipt of the balance we will dispatched the mold.
For the duration of the warranty period, all the maintenances are totally free.
This write-up is written by Jacob Williams on behalf of HQMOULD, which is one of the top plastic mould factory and also specialized in manufacturing all kinds of mould like: Plastic Pipe Fitting Mould, Commodity Mould, Auto Components Mould, House Appliance Mould and Plastic Pallet Mould.
It is a truth that any great high quality item comes from mould design competence and this is the solution to booming mould creating business. Mould Design and style China moulds are the highest good quality mould styles that you can ever get in the universe. This is due to the truth that these businesses invest in technology as nicely as folks to make certain that their designs conform to the customers’ maximum expectations in Mould Design China. A lot of design and style and improvement has been carried out by Mould Design China companies enabling them to engineer, develop and analyze products for assembly as well as moulding. When plastic engineering is applied to element design and style, it brings to life the customer’s perception. All you are required to do is go to a Mould Style China organization with an thought of the function and look of your part. Alternatively, you can deliver a complete design or an incomplete style and the group of competent engineers will do their very best towards turning your ideas into a definite, functioning piece.
Mould Design China companies are conversant with the mould industry, and their engineers apply their experience of the performance and the properties of moulds to pinpoint any hitch places well in advance. In undertaking this, they are in a position to get rid of any possible hurdle with assembly, tooling as nicely as production. They usually take into consideration the details about texture, material selection, the environment, decorating and packaging of the final generate to conform to the final design and style in Mould Style China. Mould Design and style China firms offer a number of solutions which include and not restricted to materials application engineering, product style, manufacturing and design, mould flow evaluation, mould design each 2D and 3D, reverse engineering, preliminary design, pricing, evaluation, material choice, surface modeling, procurement, communication with their customer’s engineering team, amongst many other services. At Mould Design and style China, they make sure that a mould flow evaluation as properly as DFM study is carried out for every single component they manufacture. This process is carried out to assistance as well as enhance the structure design of the moulds. Here you are assured of the of high quality workmanship coupled with superior technology gear. Come to Mould Design China right now for exactly where a mixture of the superior sources is produced obtainable to you. Solution improvement systems and program management are produced variable sufficient to fulfill the desires of your distinct wants, which can assist your worker or molder to save time as properly as money.