Cool China Foam Mould images

Cool China Foam Mould images

Some cool china foam mould images:

Image from page 13 of “China, in a series of views : displaying the scenery, architecture, and social habits of that ancient empire” (1843)
china foam mould
Image by Internet Archive Book Images
Identifier: chinainseriesofv3to4allo
Title: China, in a series of views : displaying the scenery, architecture, and social habits of that ancient empire
Year: 1843 (1840s)
Authors: Allom, Thomas, 1804-1872 Wright, G. N. (George Newenham), 1790?-1877, editor Fisher, Son, & Co., publisher
Subjects:
Publisher: London, Newgate Street Paris, rue St. Honoré : Fisher, Son, & Co.
Contributing Library: Getty Research Institute
Digitizing Sponsor: Getty Research Institute

View Book Page: Book Viewer
About This Book: Catalog Entry
View All Images: All Images From Book

Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.

Text Appearing Before Image:
-, from the Outer Harbour 56 A Marriage Procession 58 Landing-place at tlie Yuk-shan ……….. 60 Silk Farms at Iloo-chow ………… 61 A Devotee consulting the Sticks of Fate 64 Great Temple at Honan 66 The Emperor Taou-kwang reviewing his Guard? …….. 67

Text Appearing After Image:
4 ^ -^ ^ -^ CHINA. THE WOO-TANG MOUNTAINS. PROVINCE OF KIANG-SI. The wild streams leap with headlong sweep,In their ciirbless course oer the mountain steep :All fresh and strong they foam along,Waking the rocks with their cataract song. The Recluse or the Rock. In the schistose district of the Meilung mountains, that engross the southern part ofKiang-si, the forms of the cliffs and the crags are more varied than art could ever havemade them, and than nature generally does. The goddess, however, in a sportive mood,seems to have moulded the amazingly diversified surface of the Woo-tang rocks, inwhich the Kan-kiang-ho has its source; for, the toppling position of the great mass thatoverhangs the village of Woo-tang and the vale of Nan-kang-foo, is obedient ratherto the strength of adhesion than the laws of gravit). An Alpine grandeur pervadesthe whole mountain chain to the north of the Meilung group; and the Chinese are soentirely devoted to pleasure, so much engrossed by superstition, s

Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.

Cool Mold Manufacture Factory images

Cool Mold Manufacture Factory images

A few nice mold manufacture factory images I found:

Inns of Court, Inns Court Green, Bristol, BS4
mold manufacture factory
Image by brizzle born and bred
Anyone remember Inns of Court, public house? (now demolished)

www.flickr.com/photos/brizzlebornandbred/2056912700/

Inns Court and Filwood farms have medieval origins. The surviving parts of Inns Court, originally Inyn’s Court, are now part of the former Holy Cross Inns Court Vicarage and the staircase turret is now a Grade II* listed building.

The area called Knowle West today was predominately rural; the area consisted largely of agricultural and allotment land interrupted by a handful of small farmhouses (Filwood Farm, Inns court cottage, Hengrove House etc.), and the Nover’s Hill Isolation Hospital. The small settlements in the area existed at least from the medieval period and have undergone only gradual change.

Inns court, built in the 1960s, departed from the garden city layout. It was developed on Radburn principles, named after an American Town designed by clarence Stein and Henry Wright in 1929. In principle, Radburn estates were built with the intention to create neighourhoods that were economically viable communities, accommodating modern lifestyles whilst providing amenities of open space and community services. common features were grouped houses arranged around a cul-de sac street layout thus the street layout broke away from the conventional street grid pattern.

This was replaced by short cul-de-sacs accessed off a circuitous feeder road which in our context is Inns court Drive. Pedestrians were widely segregated from vehicular traffic.

APART from Bedminster, which would appear to date back to Saxon times, not much is known about the early history of south Bristol.

But 30 years ago archaeologists discovered evidence of a Roman settlement – ditches, foundations and a cobbled area – beneath Filwood playing fields. Other finds, from the same area, were discovered during building work in 1973.

Much further back in time, in 1869 in fact, an urn stuffed with “thousands of coins” was unearthed near a small stream on Filwood Farm, near Hengrove Way.

Other buildings from the Roman period had been found at Brislington (a villa) Bedminster Down (coffin and a villa) Gatcombe at Long Ashton (possible weapons manufacture and storage) and at Lyons Court Farm, Whitchurch (coffins, coins and coin moulds).

Another Roman site, possibly a farmstead, was discovered fairly recently in West Street, Bedminster.

In 1997 yet another Roman settlement was found in Knowle West, near to a medieval manor house known as Inns Court. Here, buried outside the foundations of one of the buildings, was the grave of a young female, surrounded by coffin nails.

All the evidence would seem to suggest a small village made up of separate farm buildings. The same excavation also revealed some 14th and 15th-century sections of Inns Court, which, in its time, had been surrounded by over 100 acres of farmland. This building takes its name from Sir John Inyn, Lord Chief Justice of the King’s Bench, whose substantial family home this was and who died here, leaving behind his wife, Alice, daughter, Elizabeth and a son, in 1440.

Sir John, who held high public office under both King Henry V and King Henry IV, was the Recorder of Bristol.

One of his many duties – and one which no doubt took him away from home for long periods – was King’s Assessor to the Duchy of Cornwall.

An important man in his time, you can see his brass memorial (he is in his judge’s robes) in the Lady Chapel of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

The manor house continued to be lived in by Sir John’s descendants until 1529 when it passed to the Kenn family and then, in 1614, to the Poulett family, who, through marriage, owned extensive lands throughout Somerset.

But after being let to tenants the property slowly went into a decline before being sold, in Victorian times, to a Bridgwater man, Thomas Daniel. Daniel, who also let out the manor house, took down most of the old medieval building and replaced it with a far more practical farmhouse.

This, in its turn, was demolished to make way for a vicarage, community centre and a church, Holy Cross – part of the post-war Knowle West housing estate.

A surviving part of the medieval court, however, an octagonal 15th-century stair turret, was incorporated into the new vicarage. In fact it’s a miracle that this bit of heritage survived at all – it took a protest in the Times newspaper to shame the church authorities into preserving it.

Although it has been given a Grade II* listing the building, now empty and disused, has been placed on English Heritage’s “At Risk” register.

As no complete ground plan (or proper documentary record) survives for the old house, we only have a vague idea as what it looked like in Sir John’s time.

The mansion, which was reached by a long track from Lock’s Mills, now buried under Hartcliffe Way, also incorporated a small house and garden in Crox Bottom, near the old Wills’ factory.

In Anglo-Saxon times Filwood (Knowle West) was part of the Kingswood Forest, a royal hunting estate which encompassed large areas of South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.

At the time of the Domesday survey (1086AD) the Inns Court area was part of Bishopsworth (the “Bishop’s Place”) and firmly in Somerset.

Despite the industrial and housing expansion of nearby Bristol, the area remained rural, working farmland, for many hundreds of years.

It included Filwood Farm (demolished in the 1940s) and Inns Court Farm, which both had medieval origins.

The 1930s saw massive, inner city, slum clearances by the Corporation of Bristol.

Just before the outbreak of the Second World War, they decided that they would buy land here, including Inns Court, and develop the area for new homes.

It became known as Filwood, or more popularly, Knowle West. In the early 1970s, a new wave of development, based on a cul-de-sac type layout, was pioneered at Inns Court.

But this has proved unsatisfactory and the estate is now threatened with demolition and a possible long-term rebuilding programme.

What will happen to the remains of Inns Court itself remains to be seen, but it’s vital, given it’s heritage, that it’s preserved in any new development.

If you would like to know more about Roman settlements in the area, and the history of Inns Court, then there is an excellent booklet by Reg Jackson available from Bristol’s M shed museum.

It’s published by Bristol and Region Archaeological Services.

Cool Precision Plastic Injection Die Factory photos

Cool Precision Plastic Injection Die Factory photos

Some cool precision plastic injection die factory pictures:

Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center: South hangar panorama, like Vought OS2U-three Kingfisher seaplane, B-29 Enola Gay, among others
precision plastic injection die factory
Image by Chris Devers
Quoting Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum | Vought OS2U-three Kingfisher:

The Kingfisher was the U.S. Navy’s primary ship-primarily based, scout and observation aircraft during Globe War II. Revolutionary spot welding tactics gave it a smooth, non-buckling fuselage structure. Deflector plate flaps that hung from the wing’s trailing edge and spoiler-augmented ailerons functioned like extra flaps to enable slower landing speeds. Most OS2Us operated in the Pacific, exactly where they rescued several downed airmen, including Planet War I ace Eddie Rickenbacker and the crew of his B-17 Flying Fortress.

In March 1942, this airplane was assigned to the battleship USS Indiana. It later underwent a six-month overhaul in California, returned to Pearl Harbor, and rejoined the Indiana in March 1944. Lt. j.g. Rollin M. Batten Jr. was awarded the Navy Cross for generating a daring rescue in this airplane beneath heavy enemy fire on July four, 1944.

Transferred from the United States Navy.

Manufacturer:
Vought-Sikorsky Aircraft Division

Date:
1937

Country of Origin:
United States of America

Dimensions:
All round: 15ft 1 1/8in. x 33ft 9 1/2in., 4122.6lb., 36ft 1 1/16in. (460 x 1030cm, 1870kg, 1100cm)

Materials:
Wings covered with fabric aft of the primary spar

Physical Description:
Two-seat monoplane, deflector plate flaps hung from the trailing edge of the wing, ailerons drooped at low airspeeds to function like additional flaps, spoilers.

• • • • •

Quoting Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum | Boeing B-29 Superfortress &quotEnola Gay&quot:

Boeing’s B-29 Superfortress was the most sophisticated propeller-driven bomber of Planet War II and the 1st bomber to house its crew in pressurized compartments. Though developed to fight in the European theater, the B-29 located its niche on the other side of the globe. In the Pacific, B-29s delivered a range of aerial weapons: standard bombs, incendiary bombs, mines, and two nuclear weapons.

On August 6, 1945, this Martin-constructed B-29-45-MO dropped the 1st atomic weapon employed in combat on Hiroshima, Japan. 3 days later, Bockscar (on display at the U.S. Air Force Museum near Dayton, Ohio) dropped a second atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan. Enola Gay flew as the advance weather reconnaissance aircraft that day. A third B-29, The Great Artiste, flew as an observation aircraft on both missions.

Transferred from the United States Air Force.

Manufacturer:
Boeing Aircraft Co.
Martin Co., Omaha, Nebr.

Date:
1945

Country of Origin:
United States of America

Dimensions:
All round: 900 x 3020cm, 32580kg, 4300cm (29ft 6 5/16in. x 99ft 1in., 71825.9lb., 141ft 15/16in.)

Supplies:
Polished overall aluminum finish

Physical Description:
4-engine heavy bomber with semi-monoqoque fuselage and high-aspect ratio wings. Polished aluminum finish general, regular late-Planet War II Army Air Forces insignia on wings and aft fuselage and serial quantity on vertical fin 509th Composite Group markings painted in black &quotEnola Gay&quot in black, block letters on reduce left nose.